1.19.2010

Lake Blanche again - with snow this time

Getting near Lake Blanche. (Kodak BW400CN)

Lake Blanche frozen over. Sundial Peak. (Kodak Ektar 100-all the rest also).

HOLGA wide angle Pinhole shot.



(Ektar 100 converted to B&W)

The trail back to Big Cottonwood Canyon.

The day after Christmas, I went on a solo hike to Lake Blanche, just to see the Sundial covered in snow. The last time I went there was more than a year ago. Snowshoe-ers had packed the trail down pretty good so I didn't sink in the snow too bad (didn't wear snowshoes). Lake Blanche is about 3 miles from the parking lot. The temperature was 15 degrees F when I started at 11:45am. I got to Lake Blanche at 2:45pm. Took pictures until 3:30pm, and made it back to the truck at 4:45pm. I was cruising down to get back before dark, and I made it. The snow cushioned every step, so no sore knees like last time.

No comments: