9.12.2009

Mummy Mt., Mt Charleston, and Griffith Peak--20 mile hike


Mt. Charleston in the background, from North Loop trail between Mummy Mt. and Charleston.
Same place, but with Griffith Peak in the background.
Brandon on top of a cliff.
Mummy Mountain as seen from base of Mt. Charleston.
Pahrump from summit of Mt. Charleston.
Summit of Mt. Charleston.



Brandon and I at the top of Charleston.
Near the peak, on the way down the South Loop trail.
Brandon in the "meadows" between Charleston and Griffith Peaks.
Me.


View back towards Mt. Charleston from Griffith.
Red Rock Canyon area from Griffith Peak.
Las Vegas from Griffith Peak.
Brandon on Griffith Peak.
Me.
Bristlecone tree on Griffith.
Brandon and my dad and I started the hike at 6:45am from Trail Ridge Canyon up to Mummy Mountain. (those pictures are on a black and white roll--will post when I get them developed) My dad went home and me and Brandon continued along the North Loop trail to Mt. Charleston, then around the South Loop trail to Griffith Peak and then back down to our car at the Cathedral Rock parking lot. We had to walk the last mile or two in the dark, and got to the car right at 8:00pm. It was a good twenty miles and our legs could feel it. I never hiked with trekking poles before, but man they sure are nice. Really does make it easier on your knees, etc.

No comments: